Sunday 9 December 2012

Christmas cake marathon!

We've been busy making one
large Christmas cake into four individual Christmas cakes!  Apparently, the cake I made last year was a little too alcoholic, so this year, I only added brandy every fortnight, instead of every week! Last years cake was a more traditional design with a santa on, so we wanted something a bit more modern this year. We saw a similar design to this on a google search and we thought we'd give it a go. I don't think we'd appreciated how many stars we would have to cut out! Patience, patience and more patience - especially when we were handling the very delicate snowflakes!

Being as I have not long had my arm out of plaster, I couldn't do any of the rolling out, so I amused myself making this little creation!  It a sort of snow-bird?  He's only about 4cm tall and he is rather cute!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good to me - though I would just eat the marzipan and the icing!

    ReplyDelete