Sunday 21 October 2012

The Badger!

Here's another creation from Make Your Own Misfits book - Wise the Badger! 


In the book it says to paint the stripes on his head with fabric paint but I've already decided I don't like that idea, so I sewed strips of black felt into position on the face before I assembled the head. I think this works quite well! Luckily I managed to find two white buttons the same for the eyes and my friend found a chunky black bead which is perfect for his nose. He had to have several operations when he was being stuffed though, as I'd obviously sewn to close to the edge and the stuffing was showing through! I do love making these, they are so quirky and so simple, each seems to develop its own character as you assemble it.

I have four more lined up ready to make! My friend and I are going on holiday soon and I thought it would be good to assemble a few whilst we're away! What better way to relax and have fun in the process! Talking of which, I've also knitted a large bear which will also be assembled whilst on holiday! So we'll go away with two dogs and come back with two dogs, a bear, a frog, a sausage dog, a snake and a pig! Tee-hee!

1 comment:

  1. He's great Jules. You are going to have a real house full when you finish them all. Enjoy your holiday you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete