Sunday 12 May 2013

Measuring gauge!


This is our new addition! It cost less than £2 and it has already earned it's place in the top ten list of most useful things we've bought! It might look like just another ruler but it is much more than that. It is marked with both metric and imperial measurements. The little red plastic slider moves up and down.

I used the gauge to mark a 6mm seam allowance. Once the slider is set to 6mm, you line up the edge of the red slider with the edge of the material and hey presto, it's dead easy to mark 6mm in. Often when I'm measuring things, my mind wanders and I start marking incorrectly, 6mm becomes 11mm! With this measuring gauge I definitely make less mistakes.

It's says you can also draw circles and scallops with it, by placing a pin in one of the holes in the red plastic slider, then putting a pencil in the hole in the metal gauge and basically using it like a compass. I haven't tried this yet but I like the theory!

It also has a point on one end, so it can be used as a point turner too.

What's not to like!

No comments:

Post a Comment