Wednesday 15 May 2013

Best Friends Owl picture

We've been at it again! Here's another owl picture! You may remember the one we did a little while ago, that had just one owl sitting on the branch. Well now we have double trouble! 


 The words Best Friends at the bottom, are stitched with a single strand of blue x-stitch thread in back stitch. The trails of the butterfly and the bee are stitched with a running stitch in grey x-stitch thread. We find that using black can sometimes look a little harsh!

I prefer a white frame too but as this picture is for a friend of a friend, a dark wood frame suits their lounge decor apparently!

I wonder what to make next? I have a few ideas buzzing around in my head as usual! I quite fancy making an owl family tree, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment