Sunday 27 January 2013

Sock creature - Wronky!

Meet Wronky! He's made out of an old pair of socks and he's out of the book Stupid Sock Creatures by John Murphy. As you probably already know, I love making toys out of recycled t-shirts etc so this book was just perfect for me. I think if you made Wronky out of different coloured socks, he'd look really quite different. He's my first sock creature from the book and although the techniques tasked my brain, I think the overall effect is brills and I'll definitely be making more of his pals.

The cutest thing for me (and that makes me smile), is the lips! The lips are actually the heel and when you sew them, you pick up some of the stuffing behind and incorporate it into the lips to give them that 'full' appearance - so cute and so full of character.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment