Saturday 22 September 2012

New rooster pic!

This is my first bit of free-motion sewing with my new sewing machine. It was really lovely to be able to put the feed dogs down so the embroidery hoop doesn't catch on the darning plate - which is what happened on my previous machine!  



I like the actual design but am afraid the marks out of ten that I gave it, was just 6/10. Some of the sewing is good but some of it is a bit wobbly! All the pieces are ironed into position with bondaweb first. The tail feathers and the legs/feet are done with two lines of sewing, whereas everything else, is just one. I think two lines of sewing are more forgiving, as any slight wobbliness can be covered up on the second time around. I'm liking the colours but think the next one I make, I think I might try my red material with the white spots on. Also, I will try and sew a lot slower and see if that helps the wobbliness!

1 comment:

  1. 9/10 - Jules it is FREE MOTION - IE FREE AND EASY - IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE PERFECT.....in fact it would score less if it was too neat!!!!

    ReplyDelete