Wednesday 12 June 2013

Crochet giraffe


I can't crochet at all, so I utterly admire my friend for making this - a giraffe! Especially when, she doesn't really know how to crochet either! She literally decided she really wanted to make him, so she set about learning to crochet, line by line and using You Tube etc to watch video's on how to crochet each type of stitch! Am in awe of her perseverance skills! She had a slight bit of problem with tension and I know she crocheted quite a few extra horns and legs trying to get two that were the same! Was like a body part factory - limbs everywhere!

He's made entirely from scraps of leftover wool that I had stored upstairs from previous projects, so he's a great stash buster and so makes him all the more satisfying as he was free!

But here he is in all his assembled glory! What's not to like! In fact I think he's so cute, I've asked if perhaps she could make a similar one, from blue and grey and turn him into a donkey! She likes a challenge, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment