Friday 19 April 2013

Peg bags - pink and red

You may remember a while ago, we made this peg bag with an overall blue theme. So we thought we'd make a red one and a pink one! Pure indulgence!


The clothes are zig-zagged on but the letters are sewn on using free-motion. The reason we didn't zig-zag the letters is because I thought the letters were too fiddly and that by zig-zagging them, they'd lose their definition. I can now confirm this wouldn't have been the case! After completing these peg bags we chopped out the letter 'E' and just had a go. It looked quite passable! But as you can see I used a tighter zig-zag (satin stitch) on this letter than I did on the clothes on the peg bags, and we think it looks much better. So I made sure I wrote down the settings on the sewing machine onto the actual template, so hopefully if we make another one I might have half a chance of getting the next one right!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jules....you've been busy....everything looks lovely, these peg bags are fantastic....keep on stitching!

    ReplyDelete