Monday 11 June 2012

Baby bibs

Some friends of mine recently had a baby and this inspired me to make something as a present for them. My baby bibs were born! They are terry towelling on one side and cotton patterned material on the other. The navy blue with white spots ones were my first. They're really simple to make: two pieces sewn together, turned the right way and top stitched all the way round. The trick is to remember to leave enough of a gap to turn the material the right way round! ALso, on the firt bibs i made I hand sewed the large poppers on, which obviously added a fair bit of time to the project. Then I came across the idea of plastic poppers which come in all colours (I have talked about these in the Sewing Insight section) - which saved loads of time and actually look fab as well as being functional!

No comments:

Post a Comment